Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sweet Rein volume 1 by Sakura Tsukuba










                  About:


                            A magical romance from the creator of Land of the Blindfolded

Sad at the thought of spending Christmas alone, Kurumi Sagara goes out for a walk. While she’s crossing the street, a boy bumps into her, and a rein suddenly appears that binds them together. The overjoyed boy tells her she’s his master and that she’s a Santa Claus. Kurumi dismisses him as a crazy person, but then he transforms into a reindeer?!








My Review:





                   I saw this in an ad in the back of another manga and I though it looked so cute and interesting. I mean isn't this a unique plot? I sure thought so and even though it's spring time I didn't mind the way early Christmas cheer this manga brought. This volume was light and cheery, perfect for my heavy day. It's also really funny with its comedic moments but it also has some hidden depths and mysterious making it more than just fluff. Yeah there is a tiny bit of romance in it...well I wouldn't call it romance since it's just crushes and it doesn't develop much but there is a lot of potential for one. The manga is actually as interesting as the bio so this volume won't disappoint you one bit.


                   In this volume, Kurumi is depressed at spending another Christmas alone so to try to clear her head of depressing thoughts, she goes out for a walk. While on said walk she ends up bumping into a boy causing a rein to appear and next thing you know he's calling her master and turning into a reindeer. Kurumi decides to embrace her fate as Santa and does her best to bring presents to children in her region in the globe along with a few other things. 


                     Kurumi is such a cute character. She has a nice innocence about her. She's also not so sweet where she's the cliche girl. She carries a heaviness around on her shoulders. I like how she's tough on the outside but so nice and warm on the outside. She also has a lot on empathy and compassion which I like a lot as well. I love how she acts with Kaito. She tries to push him away and be kind of mean to him because she's scared but she helps him out all the time when needed. Kaito is such a sweetheart. I love him so much. He's just so cute and adorable. he always wants to hug Kurumi but she won't let him. I alo love that he gets lost all the time. It's so cute. They are so funny and cute together. They bring up the whole manga with their awesome personalities. I kind of ship them but I love their relationship the way it is now(but they would be so great together). I love Kaito's family as well. They are so nice and happy. I enjoy the moments they're in in this volume. I hope to see more of them later on. Kaito's grandfather is very weird. It's hard to tell if he really cares for Kaito or not. He definitely doesn't approve of his feelings. I'm curious to his role later on. I loved all the characters even though there isn't many of them. I can't wait to see them all in the next volume.

                 The plot is so cool and interesting. I haven't read or seen anything like it so it really got me excited and made my like it instantly. It also isn't really predictable so I'm so curious onto what is going to happen. The art is really good too. I love Kaito's eyes. They are so gorgeous and cool looking. I love how he looks overall. I think Kurumi looks cute and tomboyish as well which I like a lot. I love the cover as well. I think a lot of you would really enjoy the art. It's nor overly gorgeous or anything but it has a certain charm to it.

                  Overall, I highly enjoyed this manga. It's cute, funny, unique and has a Christmas theme. I mean who doesn't like Christmas? I loved the characters as well. They were so fun and amazing. I highly recommend this manga as a fun escape from reality or if you want to save it for around Christmas, that's cool too. If you love comedy, fun characters, Christmas(or at least the idea of it if you don't celebrate it), and unique plots then this is the manga for you. I so can't wait to read the next volume.






Stars:                                   5/5

                  


No comments:

Post a Comment