Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hawaii Five-0 season 1










                     About:


                               Steve McGarrett returns home to Oahu, in order to find his father's killer. The governor offers him the chance to run his own task force (Five-0). Steve's team is joined by Chin Ho Kelly, Danny "Danno" Williams, and Kono Kalakaua.













My Review:







                This show wasn't great at first. I only watched it to pass the time but it grew on me. It grew on me a lot. It's now one of my favorite shows. I love cop shows a lot but Law & Order has gotten a little stale for me so I'm constantly looking for shows like this to change things up. It was a little hard to get into at first but now I can't stop watching this show. I love the idea of a special task force with immunity but also solve a wide variety of crimes. The characters are great too. I have much to talk about about Steve and Danny as partners. No, this is not a ship but their personalities work so well together. If you love cop shows then you will definitely enjoy this one. Especially if you're looking to branch out of Law & Order. Though this show is nowhere near as good as Criminal Minds, it is pretty close. 


               In this season, we see the making of the task force Five-0 which is lead by Steve whose father was murdered while investigating a special case. Along with his partner Danny, he and the rest of his team solve various crimes such as human trafficking, kidnapping, and a bunch of other interesting cases. 


               I absolutely loved Steve he was blunt, impulsive, a tiny bit hot-headed and got what he wanted no matter what crazy action he had to do. I loved that about him so much. He is not someone who's bad side you want to be on. Steve may have been the head guy but he wasn't the only one who shined. Danny was awesome as Steve's partner. He kept Steve in line....sort of. I love how they bicker all the time. It's so funny and it shows how strong their friendship is. Danny also has a daughter named Grace(who is adorable by the way) and I just have to say he is an amazing father. I love his one on one moments with Grace. They are so cute and heart warming. I love their relationship so much. I love Kono so much. She is so kick-ass. She smart, funny, and can kick ass like there's no tomorrow. I kind of liked that she was the only woman on the team. I mean it just I don't know brought out her character more? Again I don't know but I hope there aren't more women added to the team later on. Chin Ho Kelly was also an awesome character. I didn't think much of him in the beginning but he grew on me a lot. He is Kono's cousin. He has old ties with Steve and they're really good friends. I like their relationship a lot. I like all the characters a lot. They would do anything for each other be it lying stealing, killing, and so on. I know that made it seem like they're bad people but they are not. I look forward to seeing more of them in the next season.




                      Alex O'Loughlin is absolutely amazing as Steve McGarrett. It's like the role was made for him. I can not imagine anyone better for the role. He has a good air about him throughout the show and he does a great job with his character. He does great acting like an insane deadly person. I enjoy his acting very much. Scott Caan is also very good in his role of Danny. He is great at acting frustrated especially when it's directed at Alex's character Steve. He and Alex seem to work well together and do great in getting their characters to seem like a good fit. I also loved his facial expressions when his character is mad or frustrated at Steve. I can't wait to see them in the next season.



                       Grace Park is so amazing as Kono. I mean she does great in her facial expressions and tone. I can't get enough of her. I haven't seen anything else that she's been in but I plan on looking for more of her work in the future. She made Kono real for me. Daniel Dae Kim is great as Chin Ho Kelly. I think he does a great job with his character. He really made me feel for Chin Ho Kelly a lot. I enjoyed all the actors and hope they are as good or better in the next season.

                       Overall, I loved this show so much. The characters were amazing and interesting. The plot was great as well. I loved all the different kinds of cases. The variety was great. I also liked the actors as well. The finale was such a huge cliffhanger as well that will keep you on your toes. I highly recommend this show if you love cop shows like Criminal Minds, White Collar, and Law & Order. You will definitely enjoy this show.







Stars:                              4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment