Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Love Control volume 1 by Ai Hasukawa









                   About:


                            When Takashi Okumura hired Kei Yamashior, an interior designer, to fix up his place, he never expected to pick up a lover at the same time! But the two have pretty strong personalities and both are intent on taking the lead and setting the pace of their relationship. Will Okumura's sweet talk or Yamazhiro's pride win out in the end?














My Review:






                     It has been really hard trying to find a good yaoi manga since reading the Yellow series. This wasn't as good as Yellow but pretty damn close. I mean it wasn't the same genre beside romance but it was interesting and kept me interested. There has been manga yaoi mangas that were interesting but became boring. This was not the case with Love Control. I liked the story line a lot and the characters were amazing. I really wasn't expecting much with this manga but it was a lot better than I expected.  It has been one bad yaoi after another so it was a relief coming across Love Control.

                    In this volume, Kei Yamashiro, a very talented interior designer, is hired by Takashi Okumura to redecorate his home. While Yamashiro is trying to do his job Okumura keeps trying to flirt with him! Yamashiro hates the little game that Okumura is playing so he decides to dig in his heels and try and make Okumura to fall in love with him to teach Okumura a lesson. The problem is-it backfires leaving Yamashiro struggling to keep hold the remaining shreds of his pride. 

                    Yamashiro is a very very very stubborn man who can get a bit prickly at times. He doesn't like getting teased at all which is what mainly makes him want to push Okumura far away. And I mean far away. Yamashiro seemed like a very stubborn and not mean but maybe a little angry character so I was wondering how the author was going to smoothly make him fall in love with Okumura. I didn't really expect the relationship to go smoothly. I mean I knew there was going to be one but I didn't think I would like the relationship. It was a lot smoother than I expected. I mean it was still a little rocky but not bad. Okumura was a huge control freak. He did everything in his own time and was very particular of some things. He also loved to tease Yamashiro a lot which probably wasn't a good thing. I did like the two characters for each other despite the huge clash in very manly personalities. I actually kind of like that. Usually there is a girly or less manly personality in the relationship but I like the two dominate personalities. The problem with those two though was that they are both so dominate that they didn't know how to communicate with each other so it led to very frustrating developments which made me think they were stupid. The only other character that left an impression was Okumura's nephew. He didn't do much but he was always there for his uncle when he felt insecure about his relationship with Yamashiro and he even helped out Yamashiro with his insecurities. 

                    I loved the art so much. I mean it is not the prettiest but I don't know it just speaks out to me. The art is kind of similar to that of the Yellow manga(there I go again making those comparisons) which I like a lot. I loved how Yamashiro was drawn. I mean he was so handsome/beautiful. I loved looking at his character. I mean I liked Okumura as well but Yamashiro just looked so much better. Though I also loved Okumura's hairstyle. I mean it looks so cool and fancy like the rich man he is. I liked the plot a lot. I mean yeas the way the author made their relationship was sometimes frustrating but I liked it.

                     Overall, I really loved reading this manga. It is one of the good yaoi mangas out there. If you love yaoi especially one with some good smut and men with dominate personalities then this is the manga for you. I really recommend Love Control to yaoi lovers. I loved the art and semi liked the relationship between the main characters. I also liked the plot and the characters. I actually look forward to seeing more of them in the next volume. 








Stars:                                              4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment