Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Devil is a Part-Timer volume 2 by Akio Hiiragi and Satoshi Wagahara









                        About:


                       In the Sasazuka neighborhood of the Shibuya district of Tokyo, newly minted part-time burger-flipper and former Devil King Satan (now known as Sadao Maou) clashes with Lucifer, a fallen angel who used to serve him! But how will the onetime king deal with his rival now that his magic power's run dry? Now that the devil is one of us, he's going to have to get creative!




My Review:





                 This volume was a lot like the anime. So, there wasn't much different and very little surprises. If you haven't seen the anime though I think you would find this volume interesting. I didn't dislike this volume at all. I loved seeing the character's thoughts and actions. I couldn't really see their thoughts in the anime. I hope the next couple volumes just keep getting better.

                In this volume, both Sadao and Emi are betrayed by their allies and they have to join forces to defeat them. Sadao also finds a way to regain some of his former powers and gains a chance to return back to his home world. Also this chance to fight together might end up ceasing their distrust of each other.

               Sadao is still such a dumb-a$$ in this volume. I mean he's so cheeky and confident. He could also be such an idiot at times. But there are times where he seem's really caring and he doesn't even realize that about himself. I really like that about himself. I love his character a lot and hope he doesn't change too much throughout the series. I might want him to mature a bit though. Emi is still her prideful self not letting her get close to the devil king and forever vowing to stay near him until he gives up on going back to their world. She's also very stubborn and loves to yell at Sadao a lot. I like her a lot. She's funny but is a good addition to the group. She's smart, sharp, and is nice. Despite her faults she's an awesome character. I especially love how she interacts with Sadao. Ashiya is the awesome sidekick to Sadao. He's not the strongest or sharpest character but he's really good support in and out of battle. Ashiya was really comical in this volume. I love how he scolded Sadao in the middle of a battle. It was cute. Ashiya is no where near my favorite character but this series wouldn't be the same without him. I was so excited to see Lucifer in this volume. He was one of my favorites in the anime and he was as awesome in the manga as well as he was in the anime. I can't wait to see more of him in the next set of volumes. Chiho wasn't in this volume as much but she was still as cute as ever. I love her character so much and her crush on Sadao makes her so adorable. I just want to give her a hug.

                The plot is as good as the anime. There wasn't much different. I hope the manga brings on some new stuff to the plate otherwise it could get a little underwhelming. I bet it will though. The art is still great. I think I liked seeing it animated better but otherwise this was great. I loved Sadao's devil form. I thought he looked so cool. Not very scary but I'd take cool over scary any day. 

                Overall, I enjoyed this volume a lot. I mean it was still so funny and my favorite character finally showed up to play. The characters were great and I love the little gags thrown in there. I mean Emi will never learn with those stairs. I highly recommend this manga if you love magic, comedy, and action. If you're a little iffy on that stuff then you should pass. If you don;r like reading manga at all then you should definitely watch the anime. It's really good. I reviewed it here on my blog if you haven't seen it.







Stars:                 

No comments:

Post a Comment