Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dengeki Daisy volume 3 by Kyousuke Motomi









                           About:


                        After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help. Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks?

Teru decides to move out of Kurosaki's apartment, but she wonders if Kurosaki is actually relieved that she's leaving. As she settles in at her new place, trouble comes knocking when an old business acquaintance of her brother's appears...





My Review:





                  I liked this volume a lot more than the previous one. It was a lot more interesting than the other two volumes. This series gets more intriguing with each volume. I hope this fashion continues until the end of the series. It would be disappointing if there was a huge build up and then nothing. I hate when that happens. It is really annoying. I mean you put all that time and emotion into it and then poof, it just lets go and you end up frustrated. Anyway, I'm glad that in this volume the plot got better and the characters revealed some interesting things.

                 In this volume, Teru moves out of Kurosaki's apartment and moves in with Riko. Both Teru and Kurosaki have mixed feelings about it. Also Teru goes to the beach with a few friends and a huge storm ends up heading their way. Teru also learns something important that can change everything.

                 Teru seemed very mature in this volume. Yeah still still fought with Kurosaki childishly but she showed her strength when a certain someone tried to trick her for her brother's program. I liked that a lot. I don't want her to be too mature because she's still a teenager but I don't want her to act like a little kid either. I loved that she had a balance and I hope she will continue to have this balance throughout the series. Kurosaki seemed to be less of a jerk in this volume. I mean he was normal but I liked learning why he was being a jerk and it wasn't just because he was trying to push her away. I liked that I got to learn a lot more about why Kurosaki does what he does in this volume. Riko is as amazing as always. I still don't know what her role is but I just love her personality. She puts Kurosaki in his place when he needs to be. I also like how sassy she is. She's a great addition to this manga. I can't wait to learn what her role is in this story. Masuda made another appearance in this volume. I find him quite interesting even though he only shows up once in a blue moon. He seems like a great friend to Kurosaki though. He's always giving him advice about DAISY and such. 

                The plot grew thicker in this volume. A lot thicker. I'm surprised that the author pulled out this card so soon. It makes me curious on what Motomi has in mind for Teru and Kurosaki. The plot has definitely gotten a lot more interesting but it worries me a little on what will happen next. The art was as good as always. There were some pages I didn't love but it didn't ruin anything. I have no other complaints and can't wait to see more in the future.

               Overall, I really liked this volume. It left me wanting more and I plan on purchasing the next volume soon. The plot does worry me a bit but I bet my worries will be unfounded. The series has been great so far. I still highly recommend this series to those who haven't started it yet and if you have but haven't gotten to read this volume then you definitely should. You're missing out on something great.








Stars:                   

No comments:

Post a Comment