Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Crimson Empire: Circumstances to Serve a Noble volume 1 by QuinRose and Hazuki Futaba









                      About:


                      From the time she was sold into servitude as a young girl and told by a handsome demonic figure that she had a destiny to fulfill, Sheila's childhood was anything but easy. After joining an assassin's guild and undergoing rigorous training in the killing arts, Sheila is later taken in by the dashing Prince Edvard to serve as his housemaid and bodyguard.

As skillful as she is with a blade, Sheila hasn't a clue when it comes to courtly romance. While she uses her talents to help Edvard win the throne, can she stave off male suitors who vie for her heart?




My Review:




                  This volume was okay. I mean it was a little confusing at times and there were no male suitors vying for Sheila's attention. I mean there were possible guys but none of them flirted with her really. I don't see how there was romance. There were some interesting aspects though so this volume wasn't a total dud. The creators of this manga also wrote Alice in the Country of Clover! so if you have read that series, you might like this manga more than I did because you're used to their style. I haven't read anything else by these creators so I wouldn't know how they do things.

                In this volume, Sheila gets sold to Prince Edvard to serve as his housemaid and bodyguard after going through harsh training in the assassin's guild. She is constantly protecting Prince Edvard from many attempts on his life, some may even be from his own brother. 

              Sheila was an interesting character. She is so put together and doesn't take anyone's crap. She also has a mysterious past involving a certain dark creature. I am so curious about her backstory. We get a little bit of seeing her joining an assassin's guild by force but we don't learn much about her even though she is the main character which I found to have liked a lot. Prince Edvard was also a huge mystery. I mean he isn't evil but he isn't good either. He's sly, a liar, and sneaky. I'm really curious about his ultimate goal. Curtis Nile was interesting. I don't know if he will play a bigger role later on but It seemed he also had something planned with Sheila. Justin is very interesting. I really want to know more about his character. He's Edvard's older brother but he has less claim to the throne because his mother was of a lower station. All the characters are mysterious and interesting, each with their own agendas. They are what kept me reading this volume.

              The plot is okay so far. I don't know what's going to happen next which is great. I hope it does get less confusing. There are only two volumes after this so it makes me wonder what's going to happen next. The art is really good. I especially love the cover. It's great. I really love the hairstyles in this manga and their eyes. They are absolutely gorgeous. I also though the shading was kind of great. I could read this manga just for its art.

               Overall, it was okay. I mean the characters and art were amazing but the plot was just a little confusing at times so I had no clue what was going on. I had to re-read a few pages sometimes. Like I mentioned earlier, if you have read the creators other works then you might find this less confusing. If you are looking for non-boring characters then you should check out this manga. I'm not sure if I'm going to read the next one but you never know. 








Stars:                   

No comments:

Post a Comment