Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service







About:
       
  1. Gary "Eggsy" Unwin (Taron Egerton), whose late father secretly worked for a spy organization, lives in a South London housing estate and seems headed for a life behind bars. However, dapper agent Harry Hart (Colin Firth) recognizes potential in the youth and recruits him to be a trainee in the secret service. Meanwhile, villainous Richmond Valentine (Samuel L. Jackson) launches a diabolical plan to solve the problem of climate change via a worldwide killing spree.





My Review:
 

               So I was a little worried about seeing this movie because I saw so many trailers about it and I was afraid that it gave almost everything away. That was so not the case with this movie. It was action packed with comedy and some nice quips. I was fortunate enough to see this movie at the Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers. You know what I'm talking about if you live in New York. 

              So while watching the movie, I was happily munching on buffalo wings and fries while my dad was enjoying his burger. Anyway back to the movie, Taron Egerton did an amazing job in playing the role of Eggsy. It felt like he was actually that character and I just enjoyed his facial expressions throughout the whole movie. I also admit he was pretty cute. Kind of swayed me a lot. Probably would have said he was amazing even if he wasn't, which he definitely is. I may have developed a tiny crush on him that will stay with me for a little while, not gonna lie. Now Colin Firth was also amazing. I have always enjoyed his acting, like when he was in the movie What a Girl Wants. Now if you have not seen that movie I suggest you watch it. He was actually a huge part in why I wanted to go see this movie. I also could never forget Samuel L. Jackson's acting. He did so well in fulfilling the role of an evil mastermind who hates the sight of blood and has a crazy a$$ sidekick who literally has an awesome kick which could slice anyone in half.

             Now on to the plot. I very much enjoyed this story. We got a boy who has a pretty horrible home life with his mom liking the wrong men and his mom's boyfriend always threatening him. We also have a spy who needs to pick someone to participate in a life threatening interview to fill a spot on the Kingsman. The movie really starts going when they finally cross paths and are well on their way in this story. Now while Eggsy is doing his very long life threatening interview we have Valentine trying to depopulate the human race with Harry on the case ( I did not mean for that to rhyme). In between all this action you have them ( especially Eggsy) go through comical situations or just stupid things they say that make you laugh so much. I still think of some of those funny scenes. The movie was very smooth and had a perfect pace. There was no boring moment or weird shifts in scenes. It was all so perfect.

          Overall, The plot was very enjoyable with it's tasteful stupid funny moments and just amazing script. The acting was on par and I really have no complaints. I would definitely recommend you see this movie. I actually plan on seeing it again. I mean I have to, it was that good. As we were walking out of the theater I turned to my dad and said, "We're buying that on dvd." Which we almost never do anymore because of Netflix and Hulu. SO again, please go see this movie. You will not regret it and I do hope you enjoy it.


Stars: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment